Assessment and therapy for individuals, couples, and families from adolescence through adulthood.
Treatment specialization includes:
- Assessment and Therapy for Mood Disorders including Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and related problems.
- Assessment and Therapy for the entire spectrum of Anxiety Disorders (see OCD next): Panic Disorder, Specific Phobias, Generalized Anxiety, Public Speaking Anxiety, etc.
- Assessment and Treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorders (OCD)
- Assessment and Management of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Management of Chronic Pain and Chronic Illnesses (Behavioral Medicine)
- Sleep Disorders and Problems
- Recovery from Trauma and/or Abuse
- Outpatient Assessment and Therapy for Eating Dsorders and Food-Related problems
- Couples/ Relationship Therapy
- Family Therapy with multi-generational issues
- Therapy for Co-occurring Dsorders (mental health and chemical health problems together)
- College and Late Adolescent Issues
- Parenting Support and Guidance
- Grief and Loss Therapy, including Ambiguous Loss
- Treatment of Attention Deficit Disorder/with or without Hyperactivity with Teens and Adults
- Work and Career issues
- Stress Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Use of Clinical Hypnosis in Therapy as Deemed Appropriate by Therapist
- Psychological Supervision and Consultation
I also provide Assessments and Consultations for medical doctors, schools, and others as requested
A Special note: I use the most appropriate therapy approaches shown by research to be most effective for the diagnosed problems. I am skilled in the use of Clinical Hypnosis which I use in combination with traditional talk therapy. This may be used for a variety of reasons, and most people feel like it is a wonderful experience and that it provides useful insights, coping tools, and that it strengthens their feelings about their self-worth.